- What is InterActive Legal Academy?
- Who May Attend the Academy?
- What’s Covered in Each Series?
- What Does it Cost to Attend the Academy?
- What if I Miss a Session or Want to Watch it Again?
- Will I Receive CLE Credit?
InterActive Legal Academy is a platform providing an opportunity to learn from experienced attorneys on topics relevant to estate planners, including the basics of estate planning, transfer tax planning, and more. Currently, the Academy offers 2 series of courses: the Estate Planning Tax Series and the Estate Planning Basics Series. Each series runs for 4 weeks. The Academy content is presented through GoToWebinar as a Virtual Event.
The Academy is open to both InterActive Legal subscribers and non-subscribers. Although the curriculum is designed for attorneys and paralegals, all are welcome to attend.
Each series includes 8 hour-long instruction sessions (2 per week) and 4 hour-long drafting workshops (1 per week), featuring drafting tips as well as attendee questions. Instruction sessions run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week, followed by a workshop on Friday covering that week’s instruction sessions. Class time for all instruction sessions and workshops is 1pm ET.
An informational session will be held on the Monday before the first instruction session (also at 1pm ET). This session will cover the series syllabus and general administration of the sessions and workshops. No CLE credit is provided for the informational session. The informational session also provides registrants with the opportunity to test their connection to audio and video through the GoToWebinar Virtual Event platform.
InterActive Legal is offering introductory pricing for the first run of each series in exchange for soliciting feedback and testimonials from attendees.
Full Pricing (starting Fall 2023)
- Non-subscriber tuition: $599
- Subscriber tuition: $299
Inaugural Pricing (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023)
- Non-subscriber tuition: $399
- Subscriber tuition: $99
Pricing is subject to the following terms
- Attendees must purchase the entire series (sessions and workshops cannot be purchased individually), and each series must be purchased separately.
- Each attendee within the same organization must register separately; at this time no group rate is offered.
- InterActive Legal subscribers receive discounted tuition pricing after entering a coupon code provided on the Academy registration site after logging in using subscriber credentials.
- Non-subscribers who attend the Academy will receive a credit toward a first-year subscription to any of the three main InterActive Legal programs (Wealth Transfer Planning, Essential Estate Planning, or Elder Law Planning) equal to the difference between the subscriber and non-subscriber Academy tuition (currently $300), if the subscription is purchased within 60 days after the final workshop of the series attended.
If a registration is cancelled before a series start date, a refund can be issued if the cancellation is initiated within the GoToWebinar portal, which will automatically process the refund.
Recordings of each session and workshop will be available to registrants in the InterActive Legal Academy portal on the InterActive Legal website, behind the registrant’s login credentials. InterActive Legal subscribers will log in to the portal using their subscriber credentials; non-subscribers will have separate login credentials. Recordings of each session or workshop will be available after the air date of that session or workshop, and will remain available for 30 days following the final workshop of the series. Handouts from all instruction sessions and workshops will also be available for 30 days following the final workshop of the series. Additionally, recordings will be available from the GoToWebinar Virtual Event Page, which can be accessed at any time by registrants via the link in the confirmation email received after registering.
CLE credit, to the extent it is available, may be available only for sessions attended live, depending on state rules.
The Fall 2022 Estate Planning Tax Series has been approved for 12.0 hours CLE credit by the State of Florida. Many other states offer CLE credit for programs meeting their accreditation requirements. Attendees wishing to receive CLE credit in states other than Florida will be responsible for applying for credit in those states and submitting any documentation required with the application. InterActive Legal does not provide information on any particular state’s requirements for obtaining CLE credit or documentation intended specifically for the purpose of obtaining CLE credit in any particular state. CLE credit, to the extent it is available, may be available only for sessions attended live, depending on state rules. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for the number of course hours attended. Proof of attendance will be required in order to receive the certificate of attendance.
As part of the inaugural discount that is being offered in exchange for attendee feedback, answers to survey questions must be submitted in order to receive the certificate of attendance.
Accreditation status for the Estate Planning Basics Series will be announced in 2023.
Want to Learn More about InterActive Legal Academy?
Our faculty and support staff will be happy to help you with inquiries, registration, information on future sessions, and questions about the material presented in the most recent sessions.
Email: [email protected]
Support Hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm ET
Monday through Friday, except holidays